Monday, February 7, 2011

Sleepless Nights

This morning I asked BJ if sleep deprivation could kill you & he said no... but honey I looked it up and according to Wikipedia "long-term total sleep deprivation has caused death in lab animals".

Last night was, as I'm sure you could guess, one of those nights where I was up all night with the little man who for brief periods would decide to sleep... but then the dog to decide she needed outside desperately and then would refuse to come back in because she is STUBBORN and NUTS. And, by the time I'd located and dragged the dog back in and laid back down in my warm downy heavenly bed I'd hear the painful cries coming from Canaan's room. The kind of cries that as a mom you just can't ignore.

By 4:30am a little Tylenol and another bottle finally did the trick, but I'm still not quite sure what he was going through that kept him up over and over (my best guess... all of those teeth coming in at once).

How did I do this night after night just one year ago?

I'm amazed at how even in the middle of a night like that Canaan can still manage to make me laugh. During an especially long checkout experience at Meijer yesterday BJ taught him that squeezing our noses would bring on a "HONK!". There I am, 3am in in the dark nursery holding Canaan as he clutches the fins of his glow seahorse in one hand and my nose in the other.

I have no photos from last night (I do take a ridiculous amount of photos, but that would really be over the top), so I'll leave you with a few shots from this weekend with our little guy.

Saturday morning I set up a tripod and took some shots of Canaan and I with my handy dandy new remote control.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a better night last night... maybe we should start planning mid-night play dates. JP has been up the past two nights too not feeling well. Oh, boys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...