Saturday, February 19, 2011

Finished Photobooks

I was recently reading a blog post from Enjoying the Small Things (LOVE it!) - Kelle creates a book for every year of her children's lives, picking only her absolute favorite shots. I've been so overwhelmed by the amount of pictures I have of Canaan that I just stopped all together printing and filling photo albums (I have four albums for the first three months of Canaan's life... that had to stop). So I've decided to do something similar to Kelle's plan - create a family album at the end of each year with only my favorite 200 shots. Narrowed down from about 3000... that's a bit feat. So, my plan is to take it month by month in 2011, creating pages as the year goes by.

But of course to start with I had a little catching up to do. For years I have been promising BJ a wedding album. I'm not sure if it's the perfectionist graphic designer in me, but I started the project a dozen times over the last 5 1/2 years but never actually finished. Enter... Mixbook. In just a weeks time I managed to crank out three 12x12 albums - our wedding, our adventures (BJ and I's travels, etc since our wedding day), and our 2010 family album (with a bonus bit of 2009 to squeeze in the most amazing day of our lives... Canaan's birth day).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

VIEW OUR ALBUMS

Our Wedding
Our Adventures
Our 2010 Family Album

4 comments:

  1. The books turned out AMAZING!! You are completely motivating me to finish Jackson's 2010 books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You're motivating me to give this a try. Seems easier than scrap booking!

    I got my blog back up and running. Not quite as fancy as yours, but maybe I'll ask for tips and tricks along the way. Give everyone hugs from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks TusaRebecca! I love your blog ideas! :D I can't wait to hear more about all that you're up to - especially your recipe ideas & travels!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadie and I just looked through your albums and loved them! They are great and such a good idea. I usually take forever to order photos. The last order had about 600 photos in it! It is definitely a task to stay on top of it. I picture our kids as they get older sitting around looking at the albums laughing. I love doing that with my siblings. Good job, Jess! It all looks awesome, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...