Thursday, January 13, 2011

Welcome to Our World

Since December of 2005 (just 7 months after BJ and I were married) I have been a blogger. The former home of our life blog http://murphyplace.blogspot.com is now retired as I'm hoping for a fresh blogging start.

So, that leads me today...

Ten days ago Canaan turned 13 months old. For the longest time I dreaded the one year mark, wanting time to just slow down already. But now we're rounding one and heading towards two. I have come to enjoy each new stage of his life because it's all amazing. Even the hardest parts - the dead of night when he is crying for me (for example) are truly a privilege. Cleaning up after him when he gets sick in his crib... in the pantry... in his highchair (can you tell it's been a long day already?). Having to comfort him is a blessing. This is a we-get-to... not a we-have-to.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I couldnt' agree more that parenting our little men is an absolute blessing... I love every single moment of it! I hope Canaan is starting to feel better and I'm so excited that you're blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jessica. This first bug is breaking my heart. I hate that I can't explain it to him. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...