Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Adorableness

Today I've let Canaan run a little wild, including letting him throw soft toys down the stairs through the upper gate and letting him play with some of my yarn (yea, we're that nutty). What I am going to do with yarn, anyway (insert shameless plea for someone to please teach me how to knit)...?

Welcome to the adorable aftermath....



I am so amazed at how much Canaan has been picking up lately. I can literally (okay, not literally) see the connections forming in his brain. It's so much fun to watch and yet at the same time I'm trying to find the pause button. I can see a little boy starting to form out of my baby!

His new favorite things:
  • Turning on and off lights via the wall switch. At one spot in our house we have a switch that controls the front hall, the dining area and the kitchen. With just a little playing he now gets which switch goes to which light.
  • Clapping BJ's childhood blocks together.... loudly.
  • Walking over and sitting in my lap... and staying there (heart. melting....)
  • Carrying apples and/or oranges around the house (part of his already established obsession of getting into the fridge)
  • Sharing / ie. handing us stuff (like apples and oranges he's done with)
  • Watching us and mimicking - this morning I sniffed his glow-seahorse (lovey = smelly). Canaan, watching, grabbed it from me and blew air out of his nose at it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Brings back memories of when you were a baby! Isn't it wonderful to see the world through a baby's eyes! Such a blessing. Thanks for sharing!

    Big Hugs!
    Gramma Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! It is completely mind-blowing to me how quickly they learn. I would do anything to have that power as an adult... to just soak up everything and anything someone shows me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...