Sunday, July 24, 2011

My 11th Day in Bed

22 weeks.
11 days on strict bedrest (including 3 days of hospital bedrest).
126 days until our official due date (November 28th).

Photobucket

Yesterday marked 22 weeks pregnant! Every new week has become a treasured milestone, moving us closer (seemingly inch by inch) towards our goal of making it to September 17th (30 weeks). In a way there is an added peace we have this time that we didn't have with Canaan - knowing we have been here before and made it through to the other side. But what we face now is a challenge greater than with Canaan - with the pre-term labor starting two precious weeks earlier. And the hardest part for me has been losing my ability to be a Mom. I never knew how much I would miss bath time, refilling sippy cups, being able to pick him up, even diaper changes. Still, I give my worries and moments of sadness to God, try to stay positive, and He continues to give me strength beyond what would come from within myself naturally.

BJ has been truly amazing, taking on the role of a single working dad - enduing mentally grueling 10-hour shifts at work and then laundry, grocery store trips, house cleaning, watching over me and working to fill both mom and dad roles for Canaan. We are so incredibly thankful for our families, our friends and our church. We have been blessed with so much love and support!

My next ultrasound is tomorrow afternoon, and hopefully the test results are good enough to allow me to stay at home and not be readmitted to the hospital! But whatever happens, we'll gladly do whatever is necessary to bring Ezra home safe! I know there are plenty of people who would happily change places with me and go through all of this if it meant they could have a child. I try not to forget that when I'm starting to feel the itch of self-pity.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Every day is a blessing! I'm serious about coming for a visit to help out. I've got the Auntie thing down pat, so I'm sure Canaan and I will be just fine for a day or two. Or maybe he will hate me. That would be entertaining! I'll call soon to work out dates! We need to talk knitting orders too! I can't wait to knit baby things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE that TB! We have plenty of days that we need to still find help with Canaan and I'd love to see you!! :) PS - Canaan would LOVE you, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you, thinking of you, thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...