Sunday, August 7, 2011

Scenes from the Bed

THE STATS:
24 Weeks!
3 Weeks (and 3 days, but who's counting?) in bed

This past week has been, in a word, overwhelming. BJ started a fever and experiencing chest pains Monday night, and by Tuesday morning he was in the ER and eventually admitted overnight for inflammation around his heart (caused by a virus). I really feel like everything we've been going through played a part in him getting so sick - he has taken on so much and has such a heavy burden of being both mom and dad and caring for me. It's so difficult now to see him step back into these roles without being able to have the recovery time he needs.

Then Wednesday I had my weekly OB ultrasound and we discovered I have started significantly funneling (similar to dilating but from the top-down), which never happened with Canaan and hasn't happened thus far with Ezra. Seeing that my condition is only getting worse despite all we are doing was really discouraging and pretty frightening as well. Up until now I have really felt confidence that this would end well - with a happy healthy baby. For the first time I really started to fear that that might not happen. Now, four days later, I am emotionally in a much better place and finding peace again (the God who loves us and loves Ezra more than anyone - is the One who is in control), but of course I have my moments.

Thankfully, we have our AMAZING army of helpers (bringing meals, helping watch Canaan, running errands, cleaning, sending cards & care packages, encouraging us and praying for us)! How families go through things like this without the support is really a mystery to me. Even in the midst of everything it's pretty clear that we are very, very blessed.

We have another blessing... his name is Canaan. :)

Photobucket

He keeps us laughing...

Photobucket

...and entertained!

Photobucket

All the normal rules have gone out the window! Cookies in bed!! WAHOO!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes life just sucks! Your positive attitude is inspiring. Plus, you're over half way there! I'm looking forward to spending some time with you this weekend. Can't wait to catch up, laugh, spoil Canaan, etc!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...